The Golden Age University is exciting meetings with interesting people, a chance to learn things, for which there was no enough time before; the development of intellectual, spiritual and physical possibility of being useful to other people.
The functioning principles of the Golden Age University:
- political and religious neutrality
What happens within Golden Age University project?
- collective thematic meetings (lectures, presentations, guestrooms);
- functioning of courses and clubs;
- integration events (parties, travelling);
- the functioning of volunteer group.
When does Golden Age University work?
Golden Age University academic year consists of 2 semesters, the beginning is in October and it lasts until April of the next year.
How to become Golden Age University member?
The registration in the Golden Age University starts in September. It is necessary to participate in a new academic year presentation and to fill in a questionnaire in order to become a member.
Who and when founded Golden Age University?
Golden Age University project was founded in April 2010 in Hrodna. Members of NGO Centre “The Third Sector” became its initiators.
Which awards and successes does Golden Age University have?
In 2011 Golden Age University was mentioned in the National Report of the Republic of Belarus as the example of the best work with elderly people about the Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing.
In December 2012 Golden Age University blog was awarded as the best Belarusian site in informal education sphere. The main award for winning was presented on The Non-Formal Education Festival in Minsk.
The special award was presented for the series of films about the Golden Age University work.
In December 2014 the Golden Age University was awarded as The Best Educational Project of the Year according to the results of internet-voting and professional jury version. The diploma of the contest winners was presented at The Non-Formal Education Festival in Minsk.
And we also have a lot of different thank-you letters and diplomas for gratuitous actions, organized by our students within The School of Good Deeds.
- Golden Age University partners are:
The Third Age University at University of Wroclaw (Poland)
- Pro Scientia Publica Fund (Wroclaw, Poland)
- The Third Age University (Trečiojo amžiaus universitetas) (Marijampole, Lithuania)
- The Third Age University of Vilnius (Lithuania)
- The Third Age University of Lviv (Ukraine)
- The Third Age University of Beaconsfield (The United Kingdom)
- The Third Age University of Minsk
- International social community “Understanding” (Minsk, Belarus) and Remembrance, Trust and Future Fund (Germany)
- International network AgeNet
How to find out more?
You can get more details about Golden Age University activites and plans from project manager Lana Rudnik, addressing her by her e-mail: email@example.com.
You can also call us: +375152 75-71-72 or +375 25 549-73-85.